Whether your Thanksgiving festivities are full of joy or look more like a war zone, one thing remains certain: the right drink makes any celebration better.
We'd never leave you high and dry in this time of need, so here's our survival guide to making a bad Thanksgiving good, and a good Thanksgiving great.
For the Early Planner:
- 1 bottle Belle Isle Premium Moonshine
- 6 oz. cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10-20 sprigs of fresh sage
Pour 1.5 - 2 oz. of the cranberry and sage infusion over ice and top with soda water. 1 infused bottle yields 10-15 cocktails.
- Place cranberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir.
- Simmer the cranberry mixture until the berries burst, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the cranberry mixture to cool completely.
- Place sage leaves in the bottle of Belle Isle Premium Moonshine, and add the cranberry mixture once it has cooled.
- Store in a cool, dark spot for 3 to 5 days.
- Strain the spirit and save the cranberries for a garnish.
FOR THE CROWD-PLEASER:
- 1 bottle Belle Isle Honey Habanero
- 1 cup Grand Marnier (or your choice of orange-flavored liqueur)
- 2 liters apple cider (store-bought or your favorite homemade recipe)
- 2 oranges, cut into wedges
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a 4 liter+ beverage dispenser, combine the apple cider and Grand Marnier.
- Add the orange wedges and cinnamon sticks, then stir to combine. Let the mix stand and infuse for as long as desired.
- Right before serving add the Belle Isle Honey Habanero and stir again.
- Serve over ice in a rocks glass.
1 batch yields approximately 15-20 cocktails.
FOR THE SIDELINER:
- 2 oz. Belle Isle Premium Moonshine
- 1/2 oz. pecan-walnut simple syrup*
- 3 oz. Crispin Pacific Pear Cider
- In either a chilled glass or a over a big rocks cube, combine the Belle Isle Premium Moonshine and pecan-walnut simple syrup.
- Top with Crispin Pear Cider, stir lightly, and garnish with a dash of cinnamon.
*Pecan-Walnut Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon or 2 cinnamon sticks
Yields 1 cup of simple syrup.
- Place pecans & walnuts into a saucepan, then top with 1/4 cup of sugar & cinnamon. Toast on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the rest of the sugar & 1/2 cup of water. Turn the heat to high, bring to a boil and stir.
- Once the mixture has come to boil, remove from heat and continue stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Let the simple syrup cool, then seal in a container and refrigerate.